As part of our commitment to excellence in training, Wake County created the Fire Services Training Center in 1988 to provide comprehensive, professional fire training for the county's fire departments.
The training center sits on 8 acres and consists of classroom space, a burn building, a drill tower, three exterior LP Gas pits and has water-drafting capabilities. The center is used year-round and is operated by Wake County in coordination with the following partners:
- Wake Technical Community College
- The North Carolina Fire and Rescue Commission
Registration and Course Availability
To register for a course or to view courses offered by Wake County Fire Training and Wake tech, please visit the registration site.
The following fire training courses are offered through the Wake County Fire Services Training Division:
- Essentials of Firefighting Levels I & II (Volunteer New Recruit School)
- Hazardous Materials Responder Level I (Operations)
- Wake County Fire Investigation School
- North Carolina Rapid Intervention School
- Wake County Fire Academy (Monday–Friday, 29 weeks)
- Firefighter II Certification Classes
- Company and Multi-Company (Practical Skills Training)