The information on the Wake County Government website (wakegov.com) is:
- Provided as a public service
- Subject to periodic change
- Not intended to replace official sources
- Presented "as is" and without warranties.
Use of information on wakegov.com is at the user's discretion and risk. The information should not be:
- Mistaken for legal advice
- Considered error-free
- Used as the exclusive basis for decision-making.
All information contained within the Wake County website is public record and is maintained and provided in accordance with the Public Records Law of North Carolina (N.C.G.S. Chapter 132). Wake County assumes no responsibility or liability for the future use or accuracy of County data that is extracted or obtained from our website or via other publically available sources or processes, regardless of how the data is gathered.
Our site provides links to other websites. Wake County Government does not monitor all linked resources and cannot guarantee their accuracy. Statements, views and opinions included in these resources are strictly those of their authors. These views may not necessarily represent the opinions or policies of Wake County Government, its agents, officers or employees. Wake County Government does not guarantee that these external websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the federal Rehabilitation Act.
- You do not have to give us personal information to visit or use our website.
- We will collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Personal information that you provide will be used only in connection with the purposes described at the point of collection.
- If you do nothing during your visit but browse or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We collect and store the following information about your visit:
- Internet domain information and the IP address from which you access our website
- The type of browser, operating system and device type you use to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit
- We use this information to help make our site more secure and useful to visitors.
This disclaimer pertains to social media services used by Wake County Government including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Wake County Government:
- Does not continuously monitor social media services and cannot guarantee their accuracy. Statements, comments, views and opinions included in these services are strictly those of their authors and may not necessarily represent the opinions or policies of Wake County Government, its agents, officers or employees.
- Does not control, endorse or profit from advertising presented.
- Cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials on social media services. The user is responsible for compliance with all copyright and intellectual property laws associated with their posts.
- Reserves the right to delete posts that contain:
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes discrimination
- Sexual content (other than educational)
- Commerce solicitations (ads)
- Information that will compromise public safety or endorses
- illegal behavior
- Information that violates or potentially violates any state or federal law, including but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA).
Users are fully responsible for the content that they post on Wake County social media services.
The Wake County logo is the official trademark of Wake County. It is registered to Wake County pursuant to the North Carolina Trademark Registration Act (N.C.G.S. Chapter 80) and should not be used in communications made through social media or other means without the written permission of Wake County. Any infringement or unauthorized use could subject the user to civil and criminal liability.
Questions regarding the above disclaimers, or this website, can be addressed to the Digital Media & Design Team at [email protected].