The Board of Commissioners relies on volunteers to meet a crucial need for Wake County. Our many volunteers serve as our eyes and ears in the community, and we value the advice they bring back to us.
About applying for a board or commission:
- The Board of Commissioners makes appointments on the first Monday of each month.
- Apply online for an open seat, and we'll notify you if you're appointed.
- All applications are public records.
- Applications remain active for one year. If you aren't appointed the first time, your application will automatically be resubmitted for any new openings until it expires.
- Members must attend at least 75% of meetings.
- The schedule for openings on boards and commissions may change. Check the Openings by Month page for the latest listings.