The Board of Commissioners relies on volunteers to meet a crucial need for Wake County. Our many volunteers serve as our eyes and ears in the community, and we value the advice they bring back to us.
About applying for a board or commission:
- Appointments are made to various boards monthly.
- You will be notified if appointed.
- If you are not initially appointed to a board for which you have applied, your application will be resubmitted automatically until such time that you are appointed, or your application expires. Applications expire after one year.
- When applying for a Wake County Board or Commission, your application is considered a public record.
- There is a 75% attendance requirement for all advisory board members that must be adhered to in order to maintain membership.
- Please be aware that the Appointments By Month Schedule is subject to change.