- Multi-Material Recycling Facilities are operating on normal schedules.
- Please social distance; maintain six feet of space from customers and site attendants.
- Please be patient; increased volumes and cleaning, along with social distancing, may increase delays.
Wake County Solid Waste Management Division manages three Multi-Material Recycling Facilities, for businesses and residents to drop-off recyclable items.
- Cardboard (clean, flattened, all packing material removed)
- Cooking oil
- Electronics (TVs, cell phones, computers, monitors, game consoles, stereos, microwaves, any corded device)
- Large appliances (A/C and heating units, refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, water heaters)
- Mixed recycling (metal food & drink cans, glass bottles & jars, mixed paper & cartons, plastic bottles, tubs, jugs & jars)
- Motor oil and Antifreeze (no drums, must be able to pour into collection tank)
- Oil filters
- Rigid plastic (buckets, crates, plastic furniture with no metal parts)
- Scrap metal
- Tires (5 tires or more require a Scrap Tire Verification Form with Part I completed)
North Wake Multi-Material Recycling Facility, Raleigh, Open Monday - Saturday, 8 am to 4 pm
South Wake Multi-Material Recycling Facility, Apex, Open Monday - Saturday, 8 am to 4 pm
East Wake Multi-Material Recycling Facility, Wendell, Open Saturday & Sunday only, 8 am to 4 pm
Closed on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve (at noon) and Christmas Day
Scavenging or removal of any items from Wake County Solid Waste Facilities is strictly prohibited.
Search by material and locate where to recycle or dispose of items with the drop-off locator.
Facility Manager: Meghan Baldwin