The East Wake Waste Transfer Station located in Raleigh, NC is used by waste haulers operating in the Central, Northern and Eastern parts of Wake County to deposit municipal solid waste.
Waste is reloaded into tractor trailers to be transported for final disposal.
- Open: Monday - Saturday, 6 a.m.–3 p.m. (Commercial use only). NOTE: Only trash trucks should use the transfer station before 10 a.m. Other users, including box trucks, junk haulers, trailers of any kind, and any vehicles that have to be unloaded by hand, should wait until after 10 a.m. or take their loads to the South Wake Landfill.
- Closed: Sundays, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve (at noon) and Christmas Day.
- Municipal Solid Waste: $41 per ton, includes $2 per ton State of North Carolina excise tax.
- Corrugated Cardboard: $80 per ton. Surcharge applies to loads with 10% or more corrugated cardboard.
Payment can be made by cash, check or credit account:
- Check, click here for Wake County Check Acceptance Policy
- Establish a credit account with Wake County, complete the Credit Application. Once completed, print, sign and submit the form by mail or email:
- Mailing Address: Wake County Finance Department, Attn: Waste Transfer Station Account, P.O. Box 550, Raleigh, NC, 27602
- Email: [email protected]
Facility Manager: Roy Baldwin
Email: [email protected]
820 Corporation Parkway
Raleigh, NC 27610