All visitations are conducted by video at the Wake County Detention Center, 3301 Hammond Road, Raleigh.
9 a.m.–1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
No visits will be permitted on a County holiday.
All visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
To schedule an appointment call 919-857-9103 (Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.)
- Each inmate will receive one (1) visit for (30) minutes every week.
- Each inmate may receive two (2) visitors: either two adults, or one adult and one child.
THE TWO MUST VISIT AT THE SAME TIME.
- Visitors under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a person 18 years of age or older.
- All visitors 16 and over must have a government-issued picture identification.
- No property or money will be received for inmates at the Visitation Center.
- Any visitor who brings or attempts to bring in any item of contraband into the Detention Facility will be prosecuted.
- All visitors must follow the visitor’s dress regulations to participate in the visitation program.
- Visitors or inmates who are disruptive or intoxicated will be denied visitation privileges.
- When visitor’s time has expired, they are to leave the visiting area when advised to do so by the Detention Staff.
- Visitors will not enter any other areas of the facility.
- All handbags, purses, cell phones, smartwatches, etc., must be stored in lockers.
- Only persons registered by Officer will be allowed to visit. If a visitor refuses to give the requested information, then the visit will be denied.
- Visitors who violate facility rules may have their visitation privileges suspended or terminated by the Officer in Charge (OIC) on duty.