Trade Permits are available to anyone who must obtain a plumbing, electrical or mechanical permit. Trade permits provide for the permitting and inspection for projects with single or multiple trades, when a building permit is not required.
To apply for a trade permit, you will need to submit:
- A completed application using the Wake County Permit Portal.
- List all trade contractors under "Contacts" in the Permit Portal application.
- Provide a complete description of work for the permit, including location where work will be preformed.
- Please provide the following information for mechanical and water heater installations and change-outs:
- Type of appliance to be installed or replaced. List if the appliance is gas or electric.
- Location of the appliance: exterior, crawlspace, attic or basement.
- List the areas of the structure that the appliance will service - basement, first, second or third floor.
Trade Permit Fees
Trade permit fee is $60 for each trade required.
Multi-trade permits performed by the same contractor are $60 total.