Wake County Voter Data
Wake County Voter Data Files (updated weekly) The voter data file is available in Microsoft Excel format. This file contains complete voter data information for the county and may be filtered to view a specific precinct. The downloaded data file may be used for further analysis on your personal computer.
North Carolina Statewide Voter Search Website The voter lookup website may be searched online for specific information. Data records on individual voters may be viewed and printed.
Absentee Voter Data
Per Session Law 2019-239, Effective January 1, 2020:
- The lists of voters who made requests for absentee-by-mail ballots are confidential until the opening of the polls on Election Day.
- The list of voters who return their absentee-by-mail applications/ballots to the county board of elections is a public record and must be updated daily from the date the county board begins to mail applications and ballots through the canvass date.
- The official register of one-stop absentee ballots including certain required information shall remain a public record.
Absentee Data Downloads (for prior elections)
Tips for Using the Absentee Data Download
The Absente Data Download file is a csv file of all people who have requested an absentee ballot or voted at an early voting across the state.
If viewing the data in Microsoft Excel or other program containing data filters:
- Use the county_desc column to filter by county.
- Use the ballot_req_delivery_type column to filter by voting method.
- IN PERSON = early voting
- MAIL = civilian absentee by mail
- EMAIL = military or overseas absentee by mail returned electronically
- Use the ballot_request_party column to filter by party voted (in primaries).
- Use the ballot_rtn_status column to filter by voting status.
- ACCEPTED = voted early voting or returned absentee by mail ballot
- CANCELLED = ballot request cancelled
- PENDING = Returned absentee ballot to be reviewed at next Board meeting
- RETURNED UNDELIVERABLE = absentee ballot sent out by BOE was returned undeliverable by the US Postal Service
- SPOILED = voter spoiled original absentee ballot and requested to receive a replacement ballot
- VOTER SIGNATURE MISSING = returned absentee ballot denied due to missing voter signature on the container return envelope
- WITNESS INFO INCOMPLETE = returned absentee ballot denied due to missing or incomplete witness information or signature on the container return envelope
Past Election Results
Past Election Results (1992–present)
Voter Districts, Maps, and Statistics
Wake County Voter Registration Statistics (1997–present; updated monthly)
Campaign Finance Reports
Request Data Not Found Above
Why Voter Registration Data is Available Here
Per North Carolina law (General Statute 132), "The public records and public information compiled by the agencies of North Carolina Government or its subdivisions are the property of the people. Therefore, it is the policy of this State that the people may obtain copies of their public records and public information free or at minimal cost unless otherwise specifically provided by law." (Voter registration records are not exempt from this law.)
Date of birth is not provided in voter records. Per § 163-82.10, effective June 1, 2005, dates of birth that may be generated in the voter registration process, by either the State Board of Elections or a County Board of Elections, are confidential and shall not be considered public records and subject to disclosure to the general public under Chapter 132 of the General Statutes. No list produced under this section shall contain a voter's date of birth; however, lists may be produced according to voters' ages.