About the Hepatitis C Team
As part of the interdisciplinary Wake County Health & Humans Services – HIV/STD Community Program, the Hepatitis C Team is designed to provide a range of services to meet the unique needs of the population served. These community-based services include Hepatitis C confirmatory testing, Hepatitis C bridge counseling & case management, Hepatitis C education & harm reduction strategies, linkage to medical care for Hepatitis C treatment, enrollment in eligible community resources, and many others.
If you suspect you may be positive for Hepatitis C and/or have recently been diagnosed with Hepatitis C, Wake County Health & Humans Services is here to help! The Hepatitis C team offers the free services of a Clinical Social Worker/Bridge Counselor who will help you navigate the process, from getting connected to a treating provider all the way through to achieving a cure. A Bridge Counselor is a short-term case manager for clients who are diagnosed with Hepatitis C.
Hepatitis C Team – Contact:
|Name||Email Address||Phone Number|
|Allyson Ishihara, MSW, LCSWAfirstname.lastname@example.org||919-665-7250|
|Christian McDonald, MSWemail@example.com||919-622-8199|
Hepatitis C Services
Hepatitis C Bridge Counseling Services
Hepatitis C Clinical Social Worker/Bridge Counselors will:
- Discuss concerns and questions about Hepatitis C
- Provide comprehensive education about Hepatitis C disease progression and treatment options
- Provide harm reduction education and information about community resources
- Assist with enrollment in Financial Assistance programs
- Assist clients in finding a suitable Hepatitis C health care provider and coordinate linkage to care
- Bridge Counselors are available to accompany a client to Hep C provider appointments
- Address other needs clients may have, such as (but not limited to):
- Housing insecurity
- Food insecurity
- Medical coverage for un- or underinsured
- Referral for primary care
- Substance use services/resources
- Resources to address mental health concerns
Hepatitis C treatment is accessible to all who need it, despite financial or health insurance status.
Hepatitis C Clinical Services
At Wake County Health & Human Services, we understand every patient’s needs are different and offer an individualized approach to patient care. Our Hepatitis C medical provider delivers high-quality medical care on-site and through our network of partners.
Hepatitis C Treatment Clinic (Clinic A):
Appointments for the By Hepatitis C program are by referral only.
- Address: 10 Sunnybrook Road, Raleigh 27610
- Clinic Hours: Every Thursday from 8:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
- Medical Provider: Dr. Elizabeth Moore
- Clinic Phone: 919-250-3069
These resources provide a brief overview of the work being done over the years by the WCHHS – Hep C program to address Hepatitis C in our community. Also included is additional educational material on Hepatitis C.