Visit each Wake County park and participate in a staff-led program, camp or special event within one year to earn a collectible park pin at each site and a backpack for completing the challenge!
COVID-19 Update: Due to limitations on our ability to conduct public programs during COVID, we have decided to temporarily pause the Junior Park Naturalist program until we are able to resume normal operations. Check back here for updates on the program restarting.
Register for the Program
Pick up a card at any Wake County park or email [email protected] to register by mail. Once you have a card, you are ready to go!
Participants must be between the ages of 4 and 15.
Take the Challenge
You have one year from registration to participate in a staff-led program or special event at these parks:
- American Tobacco Trail (Apex)
- Blue Jay Point County Park (Raleigh)
- Crowder County Park (Apex)
- Harris Lake County Park (New Hill)
- Historic Oak View County Park (Raleigh)
- Historic Yates Mill County Park (Raleigh)
- Lake Crabtree County Park (Morrisville)
Bring your card to each program and get it stamped and collect a park pin!
And visit and take a photo at these parks and preserves:
- Green Hills County Park (Raleigh)
- Robertson Millpond Preserve (Wendell)
- Turnipseed Nature Preserve (Wendell)
Send a photo of your completed card and your three visit photos to [email protected] and you have completed the challenge!
Find Programs to Attend
Find all our upcoming program offerings here.
Collect your Prize
Once you complete the program, you can pick a park at which to collect your prize. Each participant will receive a daypack and pins from every park and preserve location.
Questions about the challenge? Email [email protected].