There are five Animal Control agencies in Wake County. The City of Raleigh and the towns of Cary, Garner and Holly Springs all provide Animal Control services through municipal animal control officers attached to the local police departments. Wake County Animal Control provides services to the rest of the county and those towns and areas are listed below. If you live in Raleigh, Cary, Garner or Holly Springs, you can contact your Animal Control department at:
  • Garner: 919-772-8810
  • Holly Springs: 919-557-9111
  • Raleigh: 919-831-6311
  • Cary: 919-319-4517
  • All other areas of Wake County: 919-856-6911
Wake County does not have jurisdiction to enforce animal control laws in Raleigh, Cary, Garner or Holly Springs because each municipality has its own local ordinance. Wake County does provide animal sheltering for the entire county at the Wake County Animal Center.
Wake County Animal Control responds to requests for service from citizens in the following locations:
  • Unincorporated Wake County
  • Apex
  • Morrisville
  • Fuquay-Varina
  • Knightdale
  • Wendell
  • Zebulon
  • Wake Forest
  • Rolesville
Animal Control’s primary mission is to protect the public health by enforcing State Rabies laws. Animal Control is also involved in investigating animal cruelty, running loose and nuisance animals, animal bites and dangerous dogs.
The telecommunicators of the Wake County Sheriff’s Office dispatch Wake County Animal Control. To report an animal control problem, please call our main number 919-856-6911.
You may also contact the Animal Control Supervisor to report issues
by using the contact form.
Need an Animal Control Report or public records request?