Wake County offices will be closed Monday, May 30, for Memorial Day. Some locations may have altered schedules. Check our Holiday Schedule for more information.
Foster Parent Information Meeting
About This Event
Interested in becoming a foster parent? Not sure where to get started? Join us for an in-person information session to learn more and get answers to all your questions!
Wake County is recruiting foster families for the following:
- Children/youth ages: Birth - 21
- Sibling groups
- Medically fragile
- Special needs (i.e. emotional, developmental)
- Short-term emergency care
At this meeting, we'll be discussing:
- The core values of foster care;
- Reasons children may enter into care;
- Specific needs of the children in our community; and
- The types of families that can best meet their needs.
Q&A to follow the discussion.
At the end of the meeting, if you decide you want to continue with the foster care process, you can request an application.