Due to snow, all Wake County facilities will be closed on Saturday, Jan. 22.
Foster Parent Information Meeting
About This Event
Interested in becoming a foster parent? Not sure where to get started? Join us for an in-person information session to learn more and get answers to all your questions!
Wake County is recruiting foster families for the following:
- Children/youth ages: 0 - 21
- Sibling groups
- Medically fragile
- Special needs (i.e. emotional, developmental)
- Short-term emergency care
At this meeting, we'll be discussing:
- The core values of foster care;
- Reasons children may enter into care;
- Specific needs of the children in our community; and
- The types of families that can best meet their needs.
Q&A to follow the discussion.
At the end of the meeting, if you decide you want to continue with the foster care process, you can request an application.