- Capital Area Workforce Development plans and administers workforce and training programs including oversight and certification of NC Works Career Centers.
- The Water Quality Division is involved in educating the public, permitting and providing enforcement within water quality, wastewater disposal, soil erosion, drinking water, and environmental hazards. A comprehensive water quality approach is an integral part of ensuring the quality of life enjoyed and shared by all citizens of Wake County.
- Wake County’s Solid Waste Management Division provides waste disposal and recycling services to residents and businesses in Wake County, as well as an array of award winning outreach and education programs.
- Do you need help navigating the complex world of veterans services? The Wake County Veterans Services Office assists eligible veterans, their dependents and/or surviving spouses, children of deceased veterans, members of the Reserves or National Guard and active-duty service members in applying for benefits and services from the Department of Veterans Affairs and North Carolina Department of Military & Veterans Affairs.
- Search real estate and property tax bills. Pay tax bills online, file business listings and gross receipts sales. Find foreclosures. Learn about listing and appraisal methods, appeals and tax relief. View statistics, parcel data, and tax bill files.
- Located where Holly Springs meets Apex, the South Wake Landfill takes in the garbage collected from Wake County's 1.1 million residents. We accept waste only from licensed haulers, and nothing comes from outside Wake County. For residents, the location features a convenience center, household hazardous waste facility and multi-material recycling facility.
- The Soil and Water Conservation District provides voluntary state and federal cost share assistance program opportunities for farmers, landowners, citizens and community gardens. Find environmental education programs, volunteer opportunities, and soil survey resources.
- Social & Economic Vitality is a collaborative initiative that aims to eliminate inter-generational poverty in Southeast Raleigh and eastern Wake County (Knightdale, Wendell, Zebulon). Strategies are holistic in nature and support thriving families, nonprofits, businesses and communities.
- The Sheriff's Office is the primary law enforcement agency for the unincorporated areas of the County. Wake County voters elect the Sheriff to four-year terms. Law enforcement is a vital role of government at nearly all levels.
- The Wake County Register of Deeds office has deeds, survey, plat and highway maps, nuptial agreements, restrictive covenants and other documents recorded at this office. Apply for a Marriage License, Request Birth, Marriage or Death Certificates, Review Adoption and Legal Name change information, Notary Public Oath and office policies.
- Wake County Planning, Development & Inspections provides services to the areas in Wake County lying outside the municipalities' planning jurisdictions, and provides planning, advisory and technical assistance to local jurisdictions, community groups and other organizations. Additionally, the department provides building inspections and permitting services for the towns of Knightdale, Rolesville, Wendell and Zebulon.
- Wake County Parks, Recreation & Open Space provides outdoor recreation and educational opportunities while promoting environmental and cultural stewardship through a managed system of parks and open spaces. Come explore today!
- NC Cooperative Extension-Wake County Center works to improve the lives, land and economy of all people in Wake County.
- The mission of Wake County Public Libraries is to instill the love of reading and foster the pursuit of knowledge for the residents of Wake County.
- Information Services is the primary technology provider for county departments, managing operations and administration for enterprise applications, public safety/mission critical systems, network and telephone services, software development, and tech support.
- Apply for a career at Wake County, view featured job openings, research employee benefits, view job titles and salary ranges.
- The Wake County Department of Housing assists those experiencing a housing crisis. Find information about housing support, homeless services and community resources. View affordable housing plans, strategies and learn how to partner with us.
- Health & Human Services programs and services help people with basic needs that make our communities safer, healthier and stronger. (Social Services, Health Department, Medicaid, Food Stamps, FNS, EBT, Assistance, Benefits, Seniors, CPS, Foster Care, WIC)
- Find Wake County maps and data related to the environment, elections, planning, land use, taxes, public services, roads, addresses and street signs. Access iMAPS, our interactive map developed with the City of Raleigh GIS.
- GSA manages facilities and fleet and supports criminal justice, safety and security, and general government functions. The department is organized into five major service delivery divisions: Administration and Support Services, Facility and Field Services, Fleet Operations, Physical Plant, and Safety and Security
- The Wake County Fire Services and Emergency Management department ensures the protection of county residents and property with a strong commitment to service excellence in programs including Fire Code Enforcement, Fire Training, and Emergency Management.
- The Finance Department is responsible for the Financial Reporting of Wake County. We maintain financial reports, cash flow and banking, managing the County’s debt and debt payments, vendor management, bidding and RFP’s.
- Leads in developing and implementing fiscally responsible capital improvement program for Wake County. Manages all capital projects and real estate assignments for County departments and the Board of Commissioners.
- Environmental Services provides education, regulates activities and partners with the community to advance health and safety, food protection, solid waste recycling and disposal, animal care and control, onsite wastewater disposal, groundwater well protection, soil erosion control and water quality.
- Environmental Health & Safety promotes public health through plan review, permitting and inspections of food service establishments, child day care facilities, nursing homes, hotels, public pools and tattoo artists. The Division investigates lead exposure in children and pregnant women.
- Wake County Department of Emergency Medical Services is responsible for providing paramedic level EMS throughout Wake County. Find information about our EMS system, patient and billing information, and all of our many community outreach and youth programs.
- Information about the COVID-19 pandemic specific to Wake County, which had the state's first case in early March 2020. Check this site for vaccination and testing information as well as data on the county's ongoing response
- Leads all departments and agencies that function under the policies of the Board of Commissioners. Maintains relationships with other elected and appointed officials. Carries out Board policies, goals, objectives and provides annual budgets.
- Advises Wake County officials and departments on legal matters and represents the County in court and legal negotiations. Provides legal advice and answers questions relating to statutes, rules, regulations or court interpretations.
- Promotes safety and quality of life through a variety of services, including building inspections & permits, planning and zoning, GIS, veterans’ services, libraries, parks and open space.
- Works to involve, inform and prepare the county, its employees and the public through public relations & communications services, brand & reputation management, multimedia services, media relations, public records requests, Commissioners and Manager priority messages, and department training & resources.
- CCBI is a multidisciplinary forensic services agency that performs highly specialized and technical jobs such as criminal arrest and civil purpose fingerprinting, crime scene investigation, crime scene fingerprint examination, DNA analysis, firearms examination, solid dose drug chemistry, toxicology and digital evidence analysis.
- Performs monitoring, analysis, evaluation. Designs, guides, executes annual budget. Compiles annual budget information. Provides financial information, project guidance, policy analysis to Board, County Manager and departments.
- The Board of Elections is responsible for conducting all elections held in Wake County. Lookup voter registration information, request an absentee by mail ballot, and find upcoming election information.
- The Board of Commissioners sets the County’s property tax rate, regulates land use and zoning outside municipal jurisdictions, and adopts the annual budget. The Board meets monthly on the first and third Mondays.
- The Wake County Animal Center strives to create a humane community for the pets and people that live here. As the only open admission shelter in the county, we take in all stray, abandoned and surrendered pets in Wake County. Together, with community partners, we treat and re-home thousands of homeless animals every year.
- Apply for boards or commissions, volunteer to serve in areas of interest