Wake County's Solid Waste Ordinance Section 50.05 requires all persons, firms and corporations engaged in the collection of garbage, refuse, solid waste or recyclables in Wake County to obtain a Solid Waste Hauler's Privilege License.
NOTE: THE HAULERS LICENSE IS NOT A TRASH PASS TO USE THE CONVENIENCE CENTER. TO REQUEST A TRASH PASS FOR USE AT THE CONVENIENCE CENTER, CLICK HERE.
Apply for a Waste Haulers License
Steps To Obtain A Haulers License:
- Download the hauler license application packet.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit a copy of your company’s certification of liability insurance (COI).
- Remit payment for $100.00 made payable to: Wake County Solid Waste Management Division.
- Mail the completed application, COI and check to this address: Wake County Solid Waste Management Division, Attention: Roy Baldwin, P.O. Box 550, Raleigh, NC 27602-0550.
Download Wake County's waste hauler license application packet. Now accepting applications for fiscal year 2022 (July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022).
List of Licensed Haulers
Download a list of licensed waste hauling companies in Wake County.
Have questions or need more information contact Roy Baldwin.