Wake County's Solid Waste Ordinance Section 50.05 requires all persons, firms and corporations engaged in the collection of garbage, refuse, solid waste or recyclables in Wake County to obtain a Solid Waste Hauler's Privilege License.
NOTE: THE HAULERS LICENSE IS NOT A TRASH PASS TO USE THE CONVENIENCE CENTER. TO REQUEST A TRASH PASS FOR USE AT THE CONVENIENCE CENTER, CLICK HERE.
Apply for a Waste Haulers License
Steps To Obtain A Haulers License:
- Download the hauler license application packet.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit a copy of your company’s certification of liability insurance (COI).
- Remit payment for $100.00 made payable to: Wake County Solid Waste Management Division.
- Mail the completed application, COI and check to this address: Wake County Solid Waste Management Division, Attention: Roy Baldwin, P.O. Box 550, Raleigh, NC 27602-0550.
Download Wake County's waste hauler license application packet. Now accepting applications for fiscal year 2023 (July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023).
List of Licensed Haulers
Download a list of licensed waste hauling companies in Wake County.
Tip Fee Increase
The Wake County Solid Waste Division held a virtual meeting on January 12, 2022 to discuss possible tip fee increases at East Wake Transfer Station and South Wake Landfill. Watch a recording of the January 12 meeting. Download a short presentation to learn the history of the tip fees and how they compare to fees charged at similar facilities across North Carolina.
Have questions or need more information contact Roy Baldwin.