Application for Death Certificate Record
- The death occurred in Wake County.
- One of the following must apply:
- Applicant is an immediate family member of the individual on the certificate.
- Applicant can be spouse, sister, brother, child, parent / stepparent, grandparent or grandchild.
- Applicant is seeking information for legal determination of personal or property rights.
- Applicant is authorized agent, attorney or legal representative of a person listed above.
Online Death Certificate Requests
- Request your certified copy online.
Mail-In Death Certificate Requests
In-Person Death Certificate Requests
Please call ahead to confirm the death certificate has been received by our office.
In-Person Death Certificates may be obtained at one of these Wake County Locations. Please call ahead for regional center hours of operation.