Marriage License Application Checklist
- The wedding ceremony must take place in North Carolina within 60 days of obtaining the marriage license.
- Applicants must have a valid government-issued ID. Click here to view a list of acceptable IDs.
- Applicants are required to provide proof of social security number. Click here to view a list of acceptable identification for proof of social security number. If either applicant has not been issued a social security number, an affidavit in lieu of social security can be completed – affidavits are completed electronically in our office.
- Click the ‘APPLY FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE’ button below and complete the online application.
- Both parties must be present to obtain the marriage license.
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Bring the following items:
- Proof of social security or ITIN number
- Valid ID Certified birth record - for applicants ages 16-20
- Certified copy of divorce – if finalized within the last 30 days
- Payment ($60.00) - cash or credit cards accepted
Wake County Magistrate Civil Marriages
|Wake County Justice Center
300 S. Salisbury St, Raleigh NC 27601
9th Floor – Room 901
|Wake County Detention Center
3301 Hammond Rd, Raleigh NC 27610
|Monday – Friday
No appointment required
9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
1:30 PM – 4:00 PM