Here you can find different activities created by park staff that will allow you to enjoy Blue Jay Point County Park from home or school! Be sure to check back often, as this page is updated with new activities and videos regularly!
Learn: Worksheets and Activities
Play: Crafts, Games and Puzzles
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Azalea Caterpillars Digital Jigsaw Puzzle (300 pieces)
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Groundhog Digital Jigsaw Puzzle (56 pieces)
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Gerber Daisy Digital Jigsaw Puzzle (150 pieces)
Listen: Blue Jay Storytimes
- Time to Sleep by Denise Fleming (PreK/Lower Elementary)
Watch: Learn and Enjoy
- Toad Abodes – A home for toads?! Learn how simple it is to make a toad abode and encourage these little amphibians to visit your house.
- Hummingbirds – Learn more on how to attract these fierce and fast flying creatures to your space and watch the aerial acrobatics begin!
- Cork Love Bugs - Learn about where cork comes from and its everyday uses, you might be surprised what you can find it in! Then create with us with a fun upcycled Cork Love Bug Valentine's day craft great for all ages.
- Camo Creepers – Think your observational skills are up to snuff? Give it a try in this video and see how many camouflaged critters you can spot!
- Camo Creepers Reveal – Find out how you did spotting those camouflage critters!
- Log Garden – There can be more life under a log than you know. Learn how to roll a log and investigate all the small creatures that call a log a home.
- Adding Color to Your Garden – Try out this super fun, family friendly craft using rocks to make colorful flowers to your garden. They'll add a beautiful pop of color and no watering required!
- A Mighty Wind – Let's investigate how wind helps some plants move their seeds!
- A Tale of Two Dogwoods – Learn to solve the puzzle for distinguishing between two types of locally occurring dogwood trees.
- Leaves of Three – Have you heard the rhyme “Leaves of three, leave it be” but what plant are they talking about? Learn about nature’s most notorious plant and how to avoid it.
- One Tree, Many Names – Explore the nature and history of Tulip Poplars in One Tree, Many Names.
- Pink Dogwood – Ever wonder about the unusual dogwood that blooms two different colors near the Education Center? Learn all about how this funky tree came to be in this Tuesday Tidbit.
- Autumn Leaf Pressing - Learn how to press beautiful, colorful fall leaves that you can use for crafts or art display!
- Day Hiking – Whether you're new to hiking or haven't been in a while, here are a few items to help you get out and enjoy a day on trail!
- MST – Want to go on a hike? Check out the Mountains-to-Sea Trail, a portion of which runs through Blue Jay!
- Staying Cool with the BJP Staff! – Beat the heat this summer with some cool ideas from the Blue Jay Point park staff!
Sights and Sounds
Need a moment of peace and relaxation? Our "Sights and Sounds" videos bring you sights and sounds from all over Blue Jay.
- Bubbles – Take a moment of Zen and just watch the bubbles float up, up and away.
- Rainy Day Birds – Stuck inside on a rainy day and have nothing to do? Well, just look to the birds, as they are busy as ever on rainy days. How many different birds do you see? Who’s the bossiest bird of the feeder? Which bird is the fluffiest? Get inspired to put up your own bird feeders, do a drawing of a bird, put together a bird puzzle or just sit by the window and watch, you will never be bored on a rainy day again.
- Calm Sunset - A sunset over Falls Lake
Bring the Outside Online!
Liven up your virtual meetings with customized backgrounds from Wake County Parks, Recreation and Open Space.
Find even more at Wake Parks from Home
Interested in exploring our other Wake County Parks from the comfort of your home? Find all of our Parks from Home pages at Wake Parks from Home.