NOTE: We are not currently able to offer proctoring.
To meet the needs of students and institutions of higher learning, Wake County Public Libraries provides exam proctoring services by appointment Monday – Saturday at available locations.
Before the Exam
The student will:
- Have a valid Wake County library card.
- Schedule the exam at least 48 hours in advance.
- Use the link in the confirmation email to cancel more than 48 hours in advance.
- Call the proctoring library to cancel an appointment less than 48 hours in advance.
- Arrange for exam materials and passwords to be sent to the library via email or mail.
- Call 24 hours before the exam to make sure materials are at the library.
- Call or email the library if there are any changes that need to be made.
On the Day of the Exam
The student will:
- Arrive promptly at the scheduled time.
- Bring your photo ID, library card, payment for printing and mailing and any allowed testing materials (e.g. calculator, pen, pencil, scratch paper, notes).
- Turn off your cell phone and place it out of reach (e.g. in your bag) before you check in.
- Leave other items at home or in your car. Staff cannot hold items during your exam.
- Check with a staff member if you need to take a break while your exam is in progress.
Library staff will:
- Verify student IDs.
- Verify library cards.
- Present exam materials.
- Review exam instructions.
- Monitor students from a distance. We are unable to monitor students one-on-one.
- Monitor the exam time.
- WCPL staff will not sign any statement required by the testing institution that is inconsistent with our procedures or how the test is administered.
- If we are unable to proctor your exam for this reason, we will notify you and your school ahead of time and provide a list of other proctoring services in the area.
- We reserve the right to refuse to proctor an exam. If proctoring services are terminated, the institution will notify the student.
- We cannot be held responsible for technical difficulties arising from the testing institution or library technology.
- We are not responsible for exams that are lost by a postal system or electronically.
- If the library needs to close due to a weather event, library staff will make every effort to contact the student. However, please check the library website or call your proctoring library for more information.
- UNC students: Due to UNC policy, we are unable to proctor your exam on your personal laptop.
Libraries Contact Information
Cameron Village Regional Library
Cary Regional Library
East Regional Library
Eva Perry Regional Library
North Regional Library
Northeast Regional Library at Wakefield
Olivia Raney Local History Library
Southeast Regional Library
West Regional Library