Most libraries are now open for Express Visits:
COVID-19 has had a profound effect on the community and we are all anxious for a return to normalcy. Wake County Public Libraries is committed to "Instilling the love of reading and fostering the pursuit of knowledge for the residents of Wake County." To that end, the library staff has worked to keep the library relevant by developing services and experiences that can be delivered safely to our customers.
WCPL's Books on the Go service allows customers to reserve up to 30 books and make an appointment to pick them up. It is a contact-free service for library materials. Most recently, we were able to implement a plan to reopen our libraries to the community.
Express Library Experience Details
Things to know before you go:
- We encourage library visitors to visit for 15-30 minutes only.
- Library security will take your temperature before admittance.
- Lounge seating and tables will not be available.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at service desks.
We ask that visitors:
- Stay home if you're not feeling well.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth. Children under five are not required to wear a mask.
- Observe posted library capacity, meeting County and State mandates to allow for social distancing.
- Stay six feet apart from other visitors and staff.
- Accompany children ages 0-13.
- Return materials in the labeled deposits, not at service desks.
At the library staff will:
- Wear masks.
- Frequently clean high touch surfaces.
- Service public restrooms regularly.
- Monitor the number of visitors in the library.