2020 National Association of Counties: Achievement Award for Kindergarten Readiness programs.
2020 Public Library Association Conference: Ann Burlingame, Katrina Vernon and Sarah Lyon presented “Decreasing Barriers to Library Use” at the PLA national conference in Nashville, Tennessee.
2018 - 2019
- 2019: National Association of Counties: Achievement Award for Fighting Food Insecurity and Summer Slide (in partnership with Wake County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces).
- 2018-2019: Best Service Innovation: Thompson Fellowship Food Site Teen Internship.
- 2017-2018: North Carolina Public Library Directors Association
- Best New Library Facility (Middle Creek Community Library);
- Outstanding Family and Children’s Program (ABC Craft and Learn); and
- Outstanding Staff Development Project (Steps to Enhance Performance and Skills).
2016 - 2017
- 2017: National Association of Counties: Best in Category (Financial Management) for Developing a Financial Book Purchasing Model for Public Libraries.
- 2017: American Library Association’s LLAMA Public Relations and Marketing Section: PR xChange Award for Best of Show Promotional Video “Get in the Game - Read!” for Summer Reading 2016.
- 2017: Sirsi Dynix (Cosugi): Shared Knowledge Excellence Award – Lynn Bertino, Library Systems Manager.
- 2016-2017: North Carolina Public Library Directors’ Association
- Service Innovations (Express Book Bags) and
- Outstanding New Facility (Northeast Regional Library).
- 2016: National Association of Counties: Achievement Award (Libraries) for Guiding Patrons to Their Next Great Book
- 2015: North Carolina Association of Government Information Officers: First Place in Social Media for the animated video “Speed Reader and the Book Thief.”
- 2015: North Carolina Public Library Directors’ Association: Best Promotional Initiative for “Freedom to Read.”
- 2015: National Association of Counties: Award of Excellence for Every Teen Ready to Lead: Developing a Teen Leadership Corps.
- 2015: American Library Association’s LLAMA Public Relations and Marketing. Section: PR xChange Award Best of Show Adult Reading Program for “Freedom to Read”
- 2015: American Library Association: Peggy Sullivan Award for Public Library Administrators Supporting Services to Children – Ann Burlingame, deputy library director.
- 2015: NC3C: Promotional Materials Award of Excellence 2nd Place for Summer Reading Promotion.
- 2014: National Association of County Information Officers: Award of Excellence Social Media for Click, Watch, Learn: Storytimes Online.
- 2014: American Library Association’s LLAMA Public Relations and Marketing Section: PR xChange Award Best of Show in Social Media for Click, Watch, Learn: Online Storytimes and Best Print Media Series or Exhibit for America’s Music Lecture Series.