Wake County Public Libraries provides Windows 10 PCs for public use, offering internet access and Microsoft Office. WCPL has Wi-Fi and copiers at all libraries.
PCs & Internet Access
- Public computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Internet access is filtered. Please be aware of WCPL's Internet Use Policy.
- You should save all work to cloud storage or your own removable device.
- You will need headphones or earbuds to listen to audio on library computers. You may bring your own or purchase earbuds at the library for $2.
- Wake County Public Libraries offers free wireless internet access at all library locations during the library hours of operation.
- The wireless network at Athens Drive Community Library is administered by the Wake County Public School System. Please consult Athens Drive Community Library staff for more information.
- How to Connect:
- Most devices will automatically recognize the wireless network.
- Connect your device to WCPL Wi-Fi.
- Open a browser and read the Wi-Fi policy page.
- Click on “I Agree” and begin using Wi-Fi.
- Note: The library cannot guarantee your equipment will work on the network.
- For information on network security and content filtering, please see the Internet Use Policy and Wi-Fi policy.
Printing & Copying
- Color printing is 80 cents per page. Black-and-white printing is 20 cents per page. Payment may be made by cash ($1 bills or coins only) or credit card at self-service kiosks.
- The public multi-function printers may also be used to make black-and-white copies for 20 cents per page.
- Scanning and faxing are not available.
NOTE: WCPL assumes no responsibility for damage done to a patron's USB flash drive or other personal devices through use of public access computers. WCPL is not responsible for crashes or loss to saved or unsaved work.