The Community Advocacy Committee membership representation includes Community members (representing private businesses, non-profit groups, governmental entities, educational associations, consumers, etc.), Community partners, and County Staff (Staff Liaison).
The Crosby-Garfield Advocacy Group (CAG) was formed in 2014 to ensure continuous community input in strategy development and addressing the needs and goals of the community. Representatives include families that are receiving services, community partners, Raleigh CAC representatives, and representatives from the immediate neighborhood.
The vision of the group is to focus on identifying and connecting existing resources and partners in the areas of:
- Health and Wellness
- Economic Opportunity
- Civic Engagement
- Education Advancement
- Community Leadership Opportunities
- Youth and Senior Citizens
In addition to the Crosby Advocacy Group (CAG), a Residents' Advisory Group that advises the CAG meets at the Crosby-Garfield Building in Room 203. Dinner is served. Join this group to voice community issues and solutions.
Social & Economic Vitality Newsletter
To sign up to receive the Social and Economic Vitality bi-weekly newsletter, please contact Stephanie Sims at [email protected].
Meeting Dates & Hours
- Crosby-Garfield Advocacy Group; meets on the third Tuesday of each month from 9:30–11:30 a.m. on the 2nd floor of the Crosby-Garfield Building in Room 203.
- Crosby Advocacy Group; meets 3rd Tuesday from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- CAG Action Teams: Racial Equity and Social Justice; meets 2nd Wednesday from 12:30–1:30 p.m.
- Crosby Residents' Group; stay tuned for new meeting dates
- Community Leadership; meets 4th Wednesday from noon–1:30 p.m.
- Training for Upward Mobility; meets 2nd Tuesday from 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m.