We recognize that Human Services cannot meet all of the needs in our community alone. Learn about other great resources in our community and several important initiatives we are involved in with our community partners.
- Wake Network of Care – We are grateful to have so many community-based organizations doing great work and providing a wide variety of assistance for our residents. We encourage you to visit the Wake Network of Care for an online directory of services.
- Social and Economic Vitality – We are excited to be part of this collaborative initiative that aims to eliminate poverty in Southeast Raleigh and eastern Wake County.
- Live Well Wake – Live Well Wake brings together the county's major health organizations and community members from all walks of life to educate, motivate and learn about what our community needs to ensure collective community wellness. We are proud to be members of the lead organization team for this initiative.
Wake Network of Care
Accessing this information will take you off of the Wake County website to the Wake Network of Care. There you will find a comprehensive list of services, organizations and support throughout Wake County. There are special portals to make it easy to find information if you are at risk of homelessness and seeking housing, in need of food for your family, or are looking for children and family services. You can search for services by category or by ZIP code.
Social and Economic Vitality
The Social and Economic Vitality Initiative is committed to fostering positive change that supports thriving families, nonprofits, small businesses and communities. Efforts are currently focused on Southeast Raleigh and eastern Wake County (Knightdale, Wendell and Zebulon). Learn about the innovative work being done within these communities and how you can be involved and help make a difference.
Live Well Wake
Live Well Wake aims to make Wake County the healthiest community in the nation for all residents – regardless of background, neighborhood or circumstance – to be able to not just live, but to flourish. Built on the premise that everyone has a right to live well, Live Well Wake is a community-led initiative bringing people together across sectors to find innovative solutions for our county’s biggest challenges. Formed out of the Community Health Needs Assessment and Population Health Task Force initiatives, Live Well Wake is a collaborative effort that relies on our community at-large to build partnerships and design strategic initiatives to meet our goals. The work of Live Well Wake focuses on these seven priority areas:
- Access to Care
- Housing and Homelessness
- Familiar Faces
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Transportation and Transit Options
- Vulnerable Populations