The Wake Area Business Advisory Council (BAC) is a Wake County Health & Human Services initiative established in January 1997 to promote a partnership between local businesses/employers and employment and training programs in the Wake County area.
What is the Business Advisory Council (BAC)?
Advantages for business partners
- Access to a diverse pool of applicants
- A forum for employers to discuss their workforce needs
- Networking opportunities
- Education and training on employment-related issues.
In return, the business sector provides:
- Employment and career opportunities
- Information on job openings
- Workforce advice from the employers' perspective.
- The lead staff person for the BAC is Employment Supervisor, Tony Zarcone
- Members of the business community and service agencies provide leadership and direction
- Quarterly meetings
- Annual networking
- Nine hiring events annually
- Guest speakers on employment topic at three of the quarterly meetings