To allow breastfeeding mothers to support each other through sharing of their unique experiences while receiving education, counseling and support to enhance their breastfeeding relationship.
The NRC Breastfeeding Support Group (BFSG) is dedicated to promoting, protecting and supporting breastfeeding through education, outreach and advocacy to improve the health and well-being of infants, young children, and their families.
As the NRC BFSG, we will collaborate with NRC programs to enable women to breastfeed without barriers and empower health care providers at every level to support the breastfeeding family.
- To create an environment at the NRC and Wake County to support and accomplish the mission of the NRC BFSG
- To advocate for breastfeeding support and promotion
- To increase the knowledge of the public, professionals and families regarding the benefits of breastfeeding
- To develop a plan to evaluate the impact and outcome of the BFSG activities
For further information on presentation topics and schedule for “Liquid Gold” support group, call:
Stefanie Etienne, MD
The benefits of participating in “Liquid Gold”
Would you like to get firsthand information on breastfeeding, resolve problems, meet other mothers who are also nursing or planning to nurse their babies or young children?
The NRC “Liquid Gold” breastfeeding support group is the answer. Liquid Gold at NRC in Wake Forest is led by a physician, nurse practitioner and a lactation consultant (IBCLC) who is also a registered nurse. We provide evidence-based information and guidance to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding to protect and support this relationship between mother and baby.
We will address many of your concerns including:
- Latch and positioning
- Concerns about having enough milk
- The benefits of breastfeeding to both mom and baby
- Breastfeeding in public
- Preparation for going back to school or work
- Making sure your medication is safe for your baby
- Addressing concerns feeding a premature baby or a child with special needs
- Pain, discomfort or any specific concerns of the breastfeeding mom
We can also refer you to additional services available at NRC such as Care Coordination for Children, Maternal Health Program, Women and Children’s Clinic, WIC, etc.
Liquid Gold welcomes all women, children and their families to support their breastfeeding goals in a casual, breastfeeding-friendly atmosphere where they can receive information and participate in sharing their experiences with other mothers.