Congratulations, you're having a baby!
Now, let's get you ready. Join us as we prepare you for the new addition to your family.
Our childbirth classes are taught by nationally certified childbirth educators who make classes fun, safe and highly interactive. They prepare, empower, equip and build confidence for participants. Classes are taught in both English and Spanish and are offered at a variety of times and days of the week.
- Physical and emotional changes of pregnancy
- Signs of labor
- Stages of labor
- Role of the support person
- Labor coping skills
- Medications used during labor and birth
- Variations of labor (vacuum extractor, forceps, Pitocin, episiotomy, etc.)
- Cesarean births (C-sections)
- Postpartum care and birth control
- Newborn care (evening classes only)
Expectant parents will go on a virtual tour of WakeMed Maternity Center.