CCBI is committed to providing the public and the law enforcement community with professional law enforcement services. It is the policy of CCBI that all complaints against the department or its employees be investigated in a thorough and timely manner.
Please Note: CCBI only investigates complaints regarding this department or its employees. CCBI does not investigate complaints regarding other Wake County departments, employees, or other Wake County law enforcement agencies. Complaints regarding treatment by Detention Staff while in custody at the Wake County Detention Center should be directed to the Wake County Sheriff's Office at 919-856-6900.
Procedure to File a Complaint
- Any person may initiate a complaint of misconduct concerning CCBI and/or its employees.
- Complaints may be submitted in person, by telephone, or in writing.
- Any person wishing to make a complaint will be referred to a CCBI Supervisor or the Office of Professional Standards.
- Anonymous complaints shall be accepted and investigated to the extent possible.
- All complaints will be forwarded to the Office of Professional Standards for review and investigated in a thorough and expeditious manner. An acknowledgment of the complaint will be sent to the complainant.
- The Office of Professional Standards shall maintain a written record of all complaints against the department or its employees.
- All affected parties shall be notified of the complaint disposition.
If you have additional questions or wish to file a complaint, please contact:
Sam Pennica, Director
Raleigh/Wake City-County Bureau of Identification