​If your well has been flooded, there is a risk of electrical shock and damage to your well or pump, and flood waters may have contaminated your well.

If your well has been flooded, Wake County recommends that you do not drink the water from your well until the well has been disinfected and tested for coliform bacteria.

It is best to have a registered well contractor inspect and disinfect the well following a flood event.

If it is not possible to have a registered well contractor inspect and disinfect the well; follow the guidance in this document issued by the Environmental Protection Agency. 

You can find additional information regarding well disinfection and sampling at the links below.
 
If you have questions please feel free to contact any of our staff.