Every new private drinking water well, irrigation well, or utility well must be permitted and inspected by Wake County. Well repairs and well abandonments also require a permit and inspection, but there is no fee for repair and abandonment permits.​

Download permit applications using the links below:

Report new well construction, well repairs, and well abandonment using these forms:


Contractor registration forms can be found on the Registered Contractor Information page.