STEP 1: Contact the Wake County Revenue Office at 919-856-5400. When you begin hearing the recorded announcement, dial 00 to be connected with an employee. Give the employee the property's address, PIN #, owner's name, etc., and ask whose ETJ the site is located in.

STEP 2: Call the appropriate jurisdiction's contact person listed below.

 Note: If you are interested in floodplain information and live within a municipal area, please call the municipal contact. Development rules differ by jurisdiction. If you live in the unincorporated portion of Wake County, please contact Wake County staff.


Municipality​ Contact​ Phone Number​
Apex​ Adam Stephenson
Cary​ Lisa Booze
Fuquay-Varina​ Matt Poling
Garner​ Leah Harrison​ 919-773-4423​
Holly Springs​ Daniel Colavito​ 919-567-4027​
Knightdale​ Chris Hills​  919-217-2240​
Morrisville​ Ben Mills​ 919-463-6191​
Raleigh​ Ben Brown​ 919-996-3515​
Rolesville​ Danny Johnson​ 919-554-6517​
 *Wake County*
(*unincorporated areas only*)​
Betsy Pearce
Wake Forest​ Jennifer Currin
David Bergmark
Zebulon​ Michael Clark​ 919-823-1808​
  *For names and numbers of persons outside of Wake County, contact Milt Carpenter at the State's National Flood Insurance Program Office at 919-825-2302  

To Order FEMA Maps: Contact the FEMA Map Service Center at 1-877-336-2627

 or FEMA Map Service Center

Or copies can be obtained locally from Duncan-Parnell, Inc., on Glenwood Avenue in Raleigh. Prices vary depending on the size of the original map. Call 919-833-4677 for prices and more information.

To acquire the information yourself 

Go to Flood NC and enter an address in the search bar to determine if your property is located near any FEMA floodplain. You can also explore Wake County iMaps to determine if a property contains a FEMA Flood hazard areas, contains flood-prone soils or is near a water body.

WETLANDS: Delineation, Enforcement & Permitting – US Army Corps of Engineers – Raleigh Field Office – Phone 919-554-4884 x32 (James Lastinger).