**Single Lot Erosion Control Permits

Reminder - per DEMLR
Disturbance of one acre or more requires a grading permit. Builders with lots which add up to an acre or more (including non-contiguous lots) shall obtain a grading permit for the lots. Requirements include construction entrance and silt fence.
NOTICE: Logging activity preceding development requires a grading permit.  To obtain an exemption from a grading permit, the applicant shall submit a request with justification - see Wake County UDO Article 10. 


**Changes to State Stormwater Construction Permit

 All development projects in North Carolina that disturb an acre or greater of land require a local- or state-approved Erosion and Sedimentation Control (E&SC) plan. The project will be automatically covered by an NPDES Stormwater General Permit NCG010000 for construction-related activities, provided that the ground stabilization and basin design requirements in that permit are included in the E&SC Plan.
A copy of the permit can be found at:
Also on that web page, DWQ has provided a summary entitled “Major Elements of DWQ Construction General Permit.” There are some significant changes in what is required at a construction site to comply with the NPDES Construction General Permit, including:
Ground stabilization in 7 days on perimeter areas and slopes greater than 3:1,
Ground stabilization in 14 days on other areas, and
Basin outlet structures withdraw water from the surface.
Note – There are additional requirements for projects in Falls Lake.



The Towns of Rolesville, Wendell and Zebulon recently adopted a new common stormwater ordinance. Rolesville and Wendell have also adopted an Interlocal Agreement for Wake County to administer their stormwater program beginning in January 2010. See the provided link for additional information on new stormwater design requirements, submittal requirements and more!


**Nutrient Offset Option Under Neuse and Jordan Nutrient Strategies

 For developers seeking to use a third-party provider, one must be selected in accordance with rule 15A NCAC 0.2B .0240 and Session Laws 2009-337 and 2011-343. These statutes direct all nongovernment entities to first seek nutrient offsets through an approved private nutrient bank within the watershed or service area where the loading is taking place. In areas without available credit from approved private banks, and for state and federal governmental entities, seekers of nutrient offsets are eligible to participate in EEP’s Nutrient Offset Program.
All inquiries related to ILF requests, invoicing and payments should be directed to EEP’s ILF Program Coordinator Kelly Williams at 919-716-1921 or Permits may be faxed, mailed or sent by email.
For more information on the offset process, click on the link below:


**Current Staff

Plan Review Group
Program Lead - Barney Blackburn, PE, CPESC
Plan Review Engineer, Shawn Springer, PE
Field Consultation Group
Program Lead - Betsy Pearce, CFM, CPSWQ
Inspections - Debbie Tanner