Help us honor outstanding volunteer service in Wake County by nominating individuals, families, groups or businesses whose volunteer activities have benefited a community in Wake County in a substantial, important or unique way.
Through the years, residents have shown compassion for their neighbors by volunteering. Each year Wake County recognizes outstanding volunteers with an awards program.
Submit award nominations online by the deadline of
5 p.m. on Thursday, August 15, 2013.
- You can submit the completed PDF form by:
- Email to email@example.com or using the "Email Form" button,
- Fax to 919-856-5699,
- Mail to:
2013 Commissioners' Award for Volunteer Service
Attn: Portia Johnson
P.O. Box 550
Raleigh, NC 27602
For questions or to request a copy of the nomination form, call Portia Johnson at
919-856-5570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility and Submission Guidelines
- Nominees must be an individual, family, group or business whose volunteer activities in Wake County have benefited a community or communities in Wake County in a substantial, important or unique way.
- Students receiving course credits for their volunteer activities are ineligible unless the nomination is based upon volunteer service that extends beyond the course requirements, in which case it must be clearly indicated in the nomination statement.
- Previous winners from within the past 10 years are ineligible.
- Those who received compensation for their service are ineligible.
- Nomination cannot be based upon court-mandated community service.
- Nomination cannot be based upon serving as a “loaned executive.”
- Self-nominations are not permissible.
- Nominations cannot come from family members.
- Group and business nominations must be made by those external to the group or business.
- Nomination paperwork submission requirements must be met.
- All nominations must be submitted on the official 2013 Wake County Board of Commissioners’ Award for Volunteer Service nomination form.
- The nomination form consists of four sections. All sections of the nomination form must be completed.
- Nominees will be evaluated based upon the contents of the nomination form only. Please do not include additional materials such as photographs and videos.
- Recipients of Awards for Volunteer are selected based on merit – without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin or physical/mental disability.
- The deadline to submit all nomination forms to Wake County is Thursday, August 15, 2013.
Selection is based upon the nominee’s volunteer efforts, accomplishments and impact. The nomination should reflect a meaningful commitment of time and service by the nominee. The nominee’s service should address a community need and/or enhance the quality of life in Wake County and demonstrate acts of generosity and kindness. A panel, under the direction of the Wake County Board of Commissioners, will evaluate the nominations for the Volunteer Awards.