Any business selling beer and/or wine in Wake County is required to annually purchase a Beer & Wine License from the Wake County Revenue Department. This license must be obtained prior to the sale of these beverages. The license is good for one year and must be renewed prior to April 30 of each year. A monthly penalty will accrue should the license not be renewed during the proper time.
How to Get a License
A license can be obtained by completing a Wake County Beer & Wine Application and mailing it along with the proper fees to:

Wake County Revenue Department
Beer / Wine Division
P.O. Box 2719
Raleigh, NC 27602-2719
Fees: On-premises beer: $25 – Off-premises beer: $5 – On/Off-premise wine: $25