For your civil process queries, please contact us Monday–Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. at 919-856-6900.
Procedure for obtaining service on In-State Process
The service fee for In-State Process is $30 per person.
- Original Summons/Notice/Order/Subpoena (to be returned to Clerk of Court)
- Original Summons/Notice/Order/Subpoena (to be served to defendant/s – with complaint or attachment)
- Affidavit of Service (if not provided on service documents)
Procedure for obtaining service on Out-of-State Process
The service fee for Out-of-State Process is $35 per person.
- Original Summons (including attachments as necessary)
- Original Return of Service Form
- One copy for each person being served
- Letter of instructions or special needs, as desired
- Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope for return of service to you
Payment: Check or Money Order
Cost: $35 per person being served (even if at same address)
Payable to: Wake County Sheriff's Office
Wake County Sheriff's Office
P. O. Box 550
Raleigh, North Carolina 27602
Attn: Out of State Service Desk
- Parties being served must be located within Wake County.
- Physical address required; we are unable to serve to a post office box.
- Ensure documents have been signed by Clerk of Court, contain file number and court date, if applicable.
- If you need further information or assistance, you may call us at 919-856-6900.