STEPS TO OBTAIN A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROTECTION ORDER
OR A 50C ORDER
1. Go to the 11th floor of the Wake County Court House, Civil Clerk of Court, and the Domestic Violence Unit and obtain a Domestic Violence Protection Order (DVPO) and complete it.
2. Go to courtroom 9A and give your paperwork to the Deputy working that courtroom. The Deputy will give it to the clerk in the courtroom.
3. The Judge will call you to the stand, and you will be sworn in to testify about the complaint you have just filed.
4. Once the Judge signs the paperwork, go back to the 11th floor. The Domestic Violence Clerk will make copies of your order, and it will be clocked in.
5. Go to the Victims Services Unit of the Wake County Sheriff’s Office, Room 408, Wake County Office Building, 337 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh. A Deputy will process your paper work and answer any other questions that you may have.
Your order will then be sent out in the field for service on the defendant.
Questions? Call 919-856-5623.