You may purchase a certified copy of your marriage license filed in Wake County.
You can now order a certified copy of a marriage license online.
Wake County Register of Deeds can only provide copies of marriage licenses that were issued in Wake County. For marriage licenses issued outside Wake County, contact the county where the marriage license was issued. If you do not know the North Carolina county where the marriage license was filed, visit the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Vital Records website.
Choose an option below:
Request a certified copy of a marriage license online
Request a certified copy of a marriage license in person
Request a certified copy of a marriage license by US mail
- Bring $10 in cash, check or money order for each certified copy requested.
Note: Credit and debit cards are not accepted.
- Click to obtain a copy of the form that you can fill out, print and mail-in.
- Each certified copy is $10. Send a check or money order in the amount of $10 for each requested certificate. Do not send cash in the mail.
- Make your check or money order payable to 'Wake County Register of Deeds.'
- Mail to Wake County Register of Deeds, P.O. Box 1897, Raleigh, N.C. 27602-1897. Your request will be processed within one business day of receipt (please allow additional mailing time)
Please follow this guide for assistance opening and completing Interactive Adobe Reader Forms using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari browsers.