State Highway Commission maps are online and can be accessed via our BOOKS
. More than 2,700 highway maps, dating back to 1967, are in the system.
Highway maps are cataloged and stored in books HM0001 through HM0004. They are assigned a Document Type of 'MAP-HIGHWAY.'
All maps are indexed by Grantor. Here are examples:
- Highway map books begin with HM
- Entries are indexed by Grantor
- Grantor examples:
- Major road - US 64
- Street name - Breeze Rd
- Secondary road - SR 1300
- Governmental authority - NC Department of Transportation
- Project name - Project 9.7050302
- TIP (Transportation Improvement Program)
- TIP indexed as TIP PROJECT
- R-Rural Roadway, U-Urban Roadway, I-Interstate, B-Bridge, W-Safety
- Example – TIP PROJECT B 4300
- WBS - Department of Transportation accounting numbers
- WBS is not used in the index. They are indexed as PROJECT or just the number
- PROJECT 330671.11
- Search Tip - Full index information is not required for entry.
- Example - entering 'Project 9.7' in the Grantor field will return all index entries
that begin with "Project 9.7"
Instructions are also included on the Consolidated Real Property Index website under the Guide Me
section. Screenshot examples are in the Online Help Guide