​Who's Responsible for Roads in Wake County?

Wake County roads in unincorporated areas are maintained by the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT). You can find road information on the following NCDOT websites:
Each city and town in Wake County may have its own street maintenance division. Below is a list of resources for street maintenance and repairs:
If your town is not listed, call NCDOT/Maintenance Office at 919-733-3725.

The Planning, Development & Inspections Division of the Wake County Community Services Department handles road closings and abandonments. Staff has prepared a guide illustrating the steps to abandon or close a road.