​The “Farmer’s Corner,” located in the park’s Farm History Center, is an interactive area designed to teach children about rural and agricultural life in the early 20th century through play.

The Farmer’s Corner is open to the public as long as there is no group receiving a program in the Farm History Center. It is most frequently closed between 10 a.m. and noon on weekdays during the traditional school year. Visitors are welcome to call 919-250-1013 for details about the hours the Farmer's Corner will be open on a specific day.

The Farmer’s Corner is dedicated to the memory of Kit Boney, an enthusiastic volunteer who was instrumental in gaining community support and funding to open Historic Oak View as a public historic site in the 1990s. Boney was a strong advocate for the educational value of the site.