Pages: carriage
Version HistoryVersion History

Name

carriage

Title

Carriage House

Scheduling Start Date

 

Scheduling End Date

 

Article Date

 

Author(Optional)

 

Contact

Sara E. Drumheller

Contact E-Mail Address

 

Department/Division

Parks, Recreation and Open Space

Classification Type

Reference Information

Byline

 

Page Content

​The Carriage House was built around 1900 by the Wyatt family. It featured two open upper bays and one lower bay for housing wagons and carriages. The Wyatts’ primary residence was in Raleigh, but they spent most weekends at Oak View. The family had an automobile that they would drive to visit the property, and they used the Carriage House as a garage. When the Poole family made their extensive improvements in the 1940s, they permanently converted the Carriage House into a two-car garage, which reflects the way that the Carriage House looks today.

 

CarriageHouse2_web.jpg

​In the photograph above, the Carriage House appears in the background of a Job P. Wyatt and Sons Company picnic.

Below is a recent photograph of the Carriage House taken in 2017.

CarraigeHouse_web.jpg
 

 

Comments

 

Rollup Image

 

Social Sharing Title

 

Social Sharing Description

 

Social Sharing Image URL

 
Approval Status Approved
 
Content Type: Article Page
Version: 3.0
Created at 7/3/2012 2:03 PM by Sara E. Drumheller
Last modified at 1/8/2018 4:30 PM by Abigail M. Jones

 



 

 

Facebook-3.pngTwitter-2.pngInstagram-2.pngYoutube-2.png

     
 
     
 
 
 
         Wake County Departments & Agencies:

                         Department-list-1.png