Wake County Government desires to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all patrons of the North Wake Landfill District Park. With this in mind, please adhere to the following rules & regulations:
- NO open flames or fires, NO grills of any kind, NO fireworks, and NO smoking. This innovative park is located adjacent to a recently closed landfill with a landfill gas (55% methane) collection system, and we must eliminate the potential for grass fires.
- Remain on the designated paths around and on the landfill at all times. To prevent injury, do not walk or ride bikes on the slopes of the landfill. You may access the top of the landfill from the "Top of the Hill Trail" gravel trail located near the park entrance sign – park at the Front Entrance parking lot and walk the concrete road to the right to access the Top of the Hill Trail. *Remain on the designated gravel trail at all times. Use of landfill hill slopes for any activity is prohibited.
- Speed limit is 20 mph.
- Pets must be kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet. (Please clean up after your pet.)
- Park only in designated areas, not along road shoulders.
- Drone and Remote Control Vehicle Policy
- North Wake Big Group Trip Guidelines
- The following are prohibited:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Use of any tobacco or vapor products
- Feeding of wildlife in the park
- Overnight camping
- Collection, removal or release of any plant or animal material
- Amplified music
*This does not prohibit concealed handgun permit holders from legally carrying a concealed handgun in accordance with N.C.G.S. 14-415.11.