Don't miss our 14th annual Haunting at Harris: Rise of the Legends!
Famous legends, urban lore and crazy characters, oh my!
This family-friendly event includes fun for all ages!
There are two parts to this event and all activities are FREE:
Our interactive wagon ride takes you on an adventure to see legends such as Blackbeard, the Loch Ness Monster, Paul Bunyan, Johnny Appleseed and more as you help the Woodland Fairy Godmother return the Legends Idol to its resting spot.
Please note: A limited number of tickets to ride the wagon will be available at the event on a
first-come, first-served basis. Please see "Wagon Ride Tickets" below so you
are aware of the rules and how to get your tickets.
The second part of this event takes place in our shelter area, and no tickets are needed.
Come as you are or show off your
• Pumpkin Pass Games for Kids - play all 8 games to earn a prize!
• Creative Crafts • Legendary Fun Hands-On Activities
• Cool Crawly Critters • Face Painting • Bubbles
• A Legends Obstacle Course designed by NCSU PRT 358 students - guaranteed fun!
• Story Times at 1:30, 3 and 4:30 presented by Wake County's Holly Springs Library staff
• Hot dogs, chips and drinks sold by the Southern Wake Academy PTO
Watch for updates as we add more activities!
Wagon Ride Tickets:
Ticket lines will start near the playground. You must be present in the ticket line
at the event to receive a ticket. Every member of your family/group must be
in line by the time you reach the ticket table - no exceptions!
Rides depart every 30 minutes from 1-5:30 p.m.
• At 12:30 p.m. tickets for rides departing at 1, 1:30, 2, 2:30 and 3 will be passed out.
(You may choose your time when you get to the table based on availability.)
• At 3 p.m. tickets for rides departing at 3:30, 4, 4:30, 5 and 5:30 will be passed out.
(Again, you may choose your time based on available seats left.)
These rules are intended to make the ticket process fair to all event patrons. Please plan
accordingly. If you have any questions, contact park staff before the event at 919-387-4344.
If you are unable to secure a seat on the wagon, we hope you will enjoy
the many other activities we have planned for you in our shelter area!
* * *
Parking for Haunting at Harris will be in our day use area near the shelters.
Please observe any no parking signs or cones you see around the park -
these are placed so that our wagon can make turns and to protect sensitive areas.
If parking fills up, we will overflow into our parking field (the first gravel drive on your left after
entering the park). Park in the field and take a 5-minute walk on unpaved trail to the event.