Wake County Public Libraries is pleased to offer wireless Internet (WiFi) access to its members. This service is free of charge and is accessible during each library's normal
hours of operation.
As with our public access computers, the wireless network is filtered in compliance with state and federal regulations. Library users may also be able to access non-Library wireless networks within the library. Use of these networks within Library facilities is also subject to state and federal regulations as well as the Wake County Public Library Internet Use Policy
Like most public wireless “hotspots,” the Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent to or from your laptop can be intercepted by anyone with a wireless device and the appropriate software. We strongly encourage users to observe standard security practices in relation to passwords and credit cards. Users should also make sure their devices have the latest virus protection software and system patches installed.
The wireless network at Athens Drive Library is administered by Wake County Public Schools. Policies and rules for using the network may differ from the Wake County Public Library network. Please consult Athens Drive Library staff for more information.
Users should also note:
- There is no guarantee that all wireless devices will work with the network.
- Use of the wireless network is entirely at the risk of the user.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety or security of a patron’s personal equipment resulting from the connection to the wireless network.
- The Library is not responsible for any losses incurred from using the wireless network.
- Staff can provide general information or handouts for connecting to the wireless network but cannot troubleshoot problems with your network equipment or make changes to the configuration or settings of your equipment.
Use of the wireless network indicates agreement with these terms and conditions.