Wake County Public Libraries provides PCs running Windows XP for public use in all library locations. These PCs can be used to access the Internet, Microsoft Office, electronic research resources, and a selection of other basic utility programs.
- PCs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Session length and number of PCs available varies by branch.
- Internet access is filtered. Please be aware of the library's Internet Use Policy.
- Library PCs do not have floppy disk drives or CD burning software available.
- Files cannot be saved to library computers. If you need to save files to take home with you or for uploading to the Internet, please bring a USB flash drive. Flash drives may be purchased at the library for $9.
- Color laser printing is available at all library locations. Cost is 75 cents per page for color prints. Black and white printing is 25 cents per page. Payment may be made by cash or check. Personal paper may not be used in library printers.
- Headphones are needed to listen to sound on library PCs. You may bring your own or purchase them from the library for $2.
- Self-service black-and-white photocopiers are available at all library locations. Cost is 25 cents per page.
- Scanners and fax machines are not available.