The Wake County Public Library system is making plans to endow its future so that we can continue to enrich the lives of Wake County citizens by providing the services you've come to expect. To meet this need, we created the Wake County Library Fund.
Why Do We Need a Library Fund?
The Wake County Public Library System is currently supported solely by property taxes. From this source of funding, the library system provides a variety of services to Wake County residents of all ages, races, creeds and income levels. To increase the level of services currently provided without increasing taxes for Wake County residents, additional funding is a necessary and well-spent investment in the community's future.
How You Can Help
- Make a cash gift of any size.
- Donate appreciated stocks. The Library benefits from your gift and you benefit from tax advantages.
- Designate the Library Fund as a recipient of all or part of your estate.
- Name the Library Fund as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Commemorate someone, living or deceased, by making a gift or naming a fund in their honor.
- Designate the Library Fund as the beneficiary of a charitable lead trust or a charitable remainder trust.
How the Fund Will Be Used
The Fund is designed to supplement, not replace, the tax support received by the library. Gifts to the Wake County Public Library Fund will be used to enrich and enhance the facilities, services, programs and special collections of the library system. Gifts may be designated for special purposes or for specific branch locations.
To donate to the fund with a gift of cash, stock, insurance, trust, or bequest funds, consult your financial advisor or attorney. Please make checks payable to the Wake County Public Libraries' Trust Fund.
Library Trust Fund
Mail: 4020 Carya Drive, Raleigh NC, 27610