To meet the needs of students and institutions of higher learning, Wake County Public Libraries (WCPL) provides exam proctoring services by appointment Monday – Saturday. This service is based on the availability of personnel, facilities, and technology. As such, the following responsibilities are set out.
It is up to the student to schedule their exam:
· Your appointment must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance of taking the exam.
· Exams will not be proctored on a walk-in basis.
· If you need to cancel your exam 48 hours prior to your appointment, please do so via the link available through your confirmation email.
· If you need to cancel within the 48 hour period prior to your appointment, please make sure to contact the library that has your appointment.
· Once your exam has been scheduled, it is your responsibility to make arrangements with your testing institution to send exam materials/passwords to the proctoring site. Please call 24 hours prior to your exam to make sure the exam has arrived at the library.
· Please call or email your proctoring library regarding any changes that develop.
Libraries Contact Information
On the day of your exam:
- Please arrive promptly at the scheduled time.
- Bring your photo ID, library card, payment for printing and mailing supplies, and any other allowable testing materials (e.g., calculator, pen, pencil, scratch paper, notes).
- Leave other items in your car or at home, as library staff cannot hold items while your exam is being proctored.
- If you need to take a break while the exam is in progress, please check in with a staff member.
Library and Staff Responsibilities
What We Do
- Verify student IDs.
- Verify library card.
- Present exam materials.
- Review exam instructions.
- Monitor students from a distance – The library is unable to provide one-on-one monitoring of students.
- Monitor the exam time.
- Wake County Public Library proctors online and paper exams. Exams should be delivered to the library via email or mail.
- Completed exams may be scanned and emailed as attachments.
- Wake County Public Library does not offer a classroom setting. Our tables and computers are in a public space, and complete quiet and privacy are not always available.
- A current Wake County Public Library card is required to access our computers.
· Wake County Public Library staff will not sign any statement required by the testing institution inconsistent with our procedures or with how the test is administered. If we are unable to proctor your exam for that reason, we will notify you and your school ahead of time. We will also provide a list of other proctoring services in the area.
· Wake County Public Library reserves the right to refuse to proctor an exam.
· Wake County Public Libraries cannot be held responsible for technical difficulties arising from the testing institution or library technology.
· Wake County Public Library is not responsible for exams that are lost by a postal system or electronically.
· If a weather event occurs and the library must close, library staff will make every effort to contact the student. However, please check the library website or call your library’s contact number for more information.
- Wake County Public Library does not charge for proctoring. However, the student is liable for any fees associated with exam printing.
- Postage and mailing supplies will be provided by the student or testing institution.