The Wake County Public Library (WCPL) system is located in Wake County, North Carolina. The system consists of 20 libraries: six regional libraries and 14 branch libraries. WCPL carries popular fiction and nonfiction for all ages, audio books including downloadable audio books and e-books through OverDrive, and has several research databases, many of which are available through NCLive.
Working for one of our locations would involve different activities in the Youth Services or Adult Services departments, based on your interests. These activities may include:
- Readers' Advisory and Reference Services
- Collection Development/Cataloging
- Customer Service
- Library Information Technology
- Archives/local history
- Interns must work a minimum of 90 hours.
- Interns must be graduate students who have completed at least one semester of a library or information science program, or graduates of a library or information science master’s program.
To apply to become an intern with Wake County Public Libraries, please complete our online application. All internships are unpaid. If you do not fulfill the above requirements but are interested in volunteering at a library, please fill out a volunteer application.
For more information, or questions about this internship program, please contact Christina Piscitello, Carol Laing, Michelle Hildreth, or Brandy Hamilton.