Why Use a Database
- Databases are full of information and facts often found in books, newspapers and magazines.
- You can search them easily and feel confident the the information is current and correct.
- You can use these at the library, home or school. All you need is your library card and PIN.
What Can I Find in the Databases Listed Below:
A collection of resources like books, encyclopedias and magazine and newspaper articles are available through Wake County Public Libraries.
Biography Reference Center
– A comprehensive database of biographical information on people from history, the world, and different subject areas.
CultureGrams Kids Edition
– Everything you ever wanted to know about all 50 states, and more than 190 countries, is right here.
– Easy-to-use, graphically-appealing interface designed for students in grades K through 8.
– Articles on scientific disciplines with topics overviews, latest developments, definitions, essays, experiments, biographies, and images. For upper elementary and middle school students.
– Contains magazine and encyclopedia articles, and provides photos and information on the nature and habitat of many animals. Click on the Subject Dinosaur you need, or type your search words in Search box.