Visit the TRACS website

Wake County Human Services Transportation Services provides a variety of transportation for agency-eligible participants. Eligibility is based on sponsorship by participating agencies/programs such as Medicaid, Public Health, Work First and other programs. Please contact your case worker for eligibility.


General public transportation is available to residents of Wake County residing in non-urbanized areas. Service is delivered by zone. The service zones are the northern, eastern, southern and southwest areas of the County. Services are provided five days a week. There is a nominal charge per person per trip for TRACS services. Service is by reservation, first-come, first-served, on a seat-available basis.
To make a reservation, please call


TRACS service is available Monday through Friday.

To see programmatic summaries and to learn more about the latest Wake County Transportation services, please read the
Wake County Transportation Services Local Coordinated Plan

Service Information​

Wake County Human Services transportation is available Monday through Friday, and on Saturday for dialysis and employment. Service hours vary daily, depending on appointments and scheduling, but generally from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
TRACS service is available
Monday through Friday
Call Center and Reservation staff service hours are
7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

For trip information, to make reservations,
commendations or complaints:
please call